ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed

From: Michael Hui <mikehui_at_netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:50:20 +0800

I met a problem in Net8 configuration.
In connection between Win95 and Oracle8i in WinNT 4.0 with SP3, I receive the
message in testing the connection as follow:

    Attempting to connect using userid: scott     The test did not succeed.
    ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed

    There may be an error in the fields entered,     or the server may not be ready for a connection.

I've no idea about this problem, and I cannot find the detail about ORA-12638 in the reference documents. Does any suggestion or advice for me? Thanks for your attention.

Regards,
Michael Hui
mikehui_at_netvigator.com Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 01:50:20 CDT