executing a query in a Stored Procedure

From: <nealgran_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:35:07 GMT

When I try to perform a query in a stored procedure it does not compile.

The PL/SQL syntax I used is as follows:

      Create Procedure GetInfo AS
      BEGIN
            select Field1 from MyTable;
      END;

Does this have to do with the handling of the resultant table from the query? If I replace the query with a directive the Stored procedure compiles.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 14:35:07 CDT