Question about instances

From: <sergey_s_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:48:08 GMT

I am a bit confused about server/database instances. Is server instance the same as database instance? In the book I am reading the two wordings seem to refer to the same thing sometimes and two different things at other times.

So far, I tend to beleive that there is a server instance within which I can have one or more schemas. Is that correct?

Thanks for help in advance!

Sergey

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 12:48:08 CDT