Re: Many listeners on NT?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:14:13 +0200

You don't need them.
The listener is a broker only, and the client is not connected to the listener once connection to the database has been established. As long as you don't shut it for more than 5 minutes (and in my case that has never been necessary) no one will ever notice the listener has been down. In theory you should be able to repeat the entire block starting listener_xxxx =
and change the last xxxx. I have a feeling you will also need 8 distinct tcp/ip ports.
But then again: you really don't need them. Personnally I would doubt it is at all possible to run 8 instances on 1 NT server. 2 seems to be the maximum with 256 M ram installed.

Best regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA