MTS dispatcher

From: Thijs Riemersma <Thijs.Riemersma_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:39:58 GMT

In the listener.log we are encountering a series of messages service_block * NMS * 0
and
service_quit * NMS * 0

(NMS is the the database, version 7.3.3 on UNIX Solaris) When this happens the listener is up according to LSNRCTL status, but it looks like users can not log in or execute queries. We are looking into performance of our system and one of the bottlenecks seems to be the listener (dispatcher) processes.

My questions are:
What do these messages mean or where in the documentation I can find out more about them (I've looked in the standard places)? How can I log and/or trace the dispatcher processes? Has anyone encountered a situation in which the dispatchers were overloaded or were not functioning properly?

Thanks,

Thijs Riemersma Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 10:39:58 CDT