Re: Need technical info!!

From: Liz Reen <Liz_at_reading.news>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:32:30 -0400

In article <376934F1.F754118E_at_cerebellumsoft.com>, sanjay_at_cerebellumsoft.com says...
> I have a setup where the database being used is Oracle 7.1.3 on a VMS
> 5.4. If anyone can help in telling me if there is a way to access the DB
> by JDBC or ODBC.
>
> I see from the Oracle JDBC driver documentation that it is valid for
> 7.2.x and higher. Any information or pointers would be appreciated.

Snajay,

        VMS 5.4 is not Y2K compliant nor is it supported by Compaq/Digital. Oracle 7.1 is ancient. VMS 5.4 pre dates ODBC (it was released in the mid 1980's), so I doubt that it could begin to understand it. Rather spending time trying to make it work, I would spend the time upgrading. VMS current version is 7.2 and Oracle is 8.something. Try to move to a version written within the last decade.

Liz
--
My real address is L R E E N a t P E R R I E R G R O U P dot C O M Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 10:32:30 CDT