Re: Oracle 8.0.5 and RedHat Linux 6.0

From: Niklas Lofgren <niklas.lofgren_at_ifsab.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 14:45:46 +0200

Hi!

I've got the same problem!
I checked out Oracle Metalinks Forum and found an answer.

It seem that the version of GLIBC (2.1) that is distributed with RH 6.0 isn't supported by Oracle. You should use GLIBC 2.0.6 or later but not 2.1.

Unfortunately I have not managed to install GLIBC 2.0.6 from my RH 5.1 dist succesfully, yet. Anybody got a clue?

Regards
/Niklas Löfgren