Re: Does Oracle 8i Server run on Windows 98?

From: <sybrandb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:18:52 GMT

In article <3771c4f5.52783929_at_news.i-2000.com>,   seldin_at_i-2000.com (Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC) wrote:
> My current notebook computer has NT 4.0 workstation. I have installed
the full MS SQL Server 7.0 on
> my notebook (not just the client utilities),Oracl e 7 and VC++ 6.0. I
want to install Oracle 8i
> Server.
>
> However, my vendor told me that NT 4.0 does not support DVD. If I
want a DVD drive on my notebook,
> I have to have Windows 98 instead of NT 4.0. The vendor says Windows
2000 will support DVD. Is this
> correct? The idea is if I can't run my development software on my new
notebook, I will not get a DVD
> drive. Instead I will get a cd rom.
>
> Does anyone know if I can install a local MS SQL Server on Windows
98.,Oracle 8i Server and VC++
> 6.0.I am also interested in MS IIS.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC
> Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP
>
> INTERNET: seldin_at_i-2000.com
> COMPUSERVE: 75567.2603_at_compuserve.com
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/seldin

Hi Lawrence,

How much disk space and RAM do you have? 10G and 256 Mb :) To my best knowledge any Oracle server will run on NT only, and I don't see why 8i should be a exception.
Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

All standard disclaimers apply

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 07:18:52 CDT