Re: Exp/imp question

From: <sybrandb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:15:37 GMT

In article <7kqhft$lb$1_at_ntd.co.ru>,
  "evgen" <evgen_at_owaz.msk.ru> wrote:
> I have two databases
> First on oracle 7.1 with charset WE8ISO8859P1
> Second on oracle 7.3.4 with charset WE8ISO8859P1
> Where I've done export from first everything is OK
> But after import on second all russian symbols changes to ???
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Evgeny G.

Hi Evgeny
Did you set NLS_LANG appriopately. If you don't have the env var NLS_LANG on unix, your session will default to American_America.US7ASCII and your data will be converted regardless of the characterset of your database.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

All standard disclaimers apply

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 07:15:37 CDT