Re: returning rows between two positions in a large query

From: Vincent Lemaire <v.Lemaire_at_kheops.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:31:24 +0200

I sent a previous mail where I expose a solution that is not complete because it supposes that only one index exists on the table. but when several indexes are available, oracle maybe would not use the index we expected...
to make it work we must use /*+index (the_table the_index)*/ in the subquery :
select c_1,c_2,c_other
from (select /*+index (the_table the_index)*/c_1,c_2,c_other,rownum rn from the_table)
where rn between 3 and 5; Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 05:31:24 CDT