TNS-12571 : What means "Packet writer failure" ?...I love ORACLE !

From: Christophe CAUCHOIS <c.cauchois_at_epbs.fr>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:54:40 +0200

Hum...nice to meet you !
I'm french, so please, excuse my poor translation (or traduction ?).

I have a simple problem that makes me nervous. During a user connection (W98) to a Oracle DB (WNT 4.0), i receive the following message :
"TNS-12571 TNS:Writer packet failure"
I've just installed 10 users, and this is the only one with such a problem.

I found the error explanation in the Oracle SupportNotes. But it's not very clear to me.
I also don't know how to turn tracing on (don't lough !).

Could you please help me ?

Thanks in advance.
Christophe. Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 04:54:40 CDT