Re: Who called me?

From: Ole C Meldahl <meldahl_at_pvv.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:19:12 +0200

Hi

Thanks! We're moving towards a better solution, one step at the time. Your solution is good, but slightly obscured by the coding of the actual call, ie. over multiple lines, function calls used as values in other code(like IF-test, actual parameters, assigning), no package-prefix for calls within same package. Still, it can serve my purpose, and if it isn't possible to get a grip on the handle I'll implement a solution showing the complete call until next ';'(never mind string nor comments). Obviously the solution will be available in a later message.

Still I ask myself, What's the point of the handle if it doesn't mean anything?

Thanks again

ole c

Thomas Kyte wrote:

> A copy of this was sent to Ole C Meldahl <meldahl_at_pvv.org>
> (if that email address didn't require changing)
> On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 11:45:35 +0200, you wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >I agree, still messy but better! Not getting the parameterlist can be
> >acceptable(due to overloading), but distinguishing comments from the rest is
> >slightly more difficult.
> >
> >What about the object handle, from the stack:
> >
> > object line object
> > handle number name
> >c7f526a0 6 procedure SPORT.WHO_CALLED_ME
> >c81080b8 1 anonymous block
> >c81080b8 1 anonymous block
> >
> >Can I do a search somewhere to match this to something real?

<....Deleted alot of nice coding....>