Distributed Database for DSS

From: Scott Nichol <snichol_at_computer.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 05:03:54 GMT

Is anyone using a distributed database (using links, synonyms, views, etc.) for a large DSS application? If so, what is your experience with query performance? I am presenting such a configuration as an alternative to running on a single big box. I can come up with decent cost and schedule estimates for each alternative, but I don't know what to expect the performance hit to be.

TIA
--
Scott Nichol
e-mail: Remove nospam. from reply address. Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 00:03:54 CDT