Re: SIGSEGV on AIX 4.x w/ Oracle 7.3.2

From: Harald Fischer-Hohlweck <harald.fischer-hohlweck_at_ibix.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 18:00:32 -0000

Harald Fischer-Hohlweck <harald.fischer-hohlweck_at_ibix.de> wrote in article 7iv4d3$2c2h$1_at_news.lf.net...
> Hi.
>
> We have problems on AIX 4.[12] with processes getting SIGSEGV.
> It seems as only processes connecting or connected to an oracle 7.3.2
DB
> are crashing. Obviously all works fine on AIX 3.2.5 or HP-UX 10.20
> All of these processes die in epcrid_add_regid().

We learned, that oracle would like epc (don't know what this is) to be disabled. In other words, setting

        EPC_DISABLED = TRUE
in the server listener.ora file prevents all our processes (and sqlplus!)
to be killed by SIGSEGV.

Regards
Harald
--
Harald Fischer-Hohlweck email: harald.fischer-hohlweck_at_ibix.de

IBIX Informationssysteme GmbH URL : http://www.ibix.de Vor dem Lauch 19 Phone: +49-711-7256-324 70567 Stuttgart (Germany) Fax : +49-711-7256-414 Received on Tue Jun 22 1999 - 13:00:32 CDT