Re: Can not start Listener

From: Stevie <steviep9_nospam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 22:17:57 -0400

NT will usually just time out if the listener does not start. ie NT error 2140 or something like that...
Check to make sure the hostname for the listener is valid by pinging that address.
If that address is valid and restarting the listener still fails, then do the following:
- rename your existing listener.ora file to listener.bak for bakup purposes.
- take a copy of the listener.ora file from the sample directory and copy it to net80/admin.
- Edit the file and change the address and sid to reflect your environ. NOTE: use notepad/ or Net8 Assistant to make changes. If you use Wordpad or some other editor it will add misc. character that will definitely stop you listner from starting....

stevie... remove the _nospam for email....