Managing multi-user database resouces?

From: <dloganca_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 00:24:43 GMT

Pardon my newbie-ness. Lots of industry and application systems experience. Zero with Oracle.

How is it possible to manage an Oracle Database Server's resources, when it may not be "user driven" per se (i.e. you have apps servers in an N-tier architecture)? How do I ensure that a particular transaction or application server gets nn% of the transaction resources of the server? How is admin'd and how much control granularity do I have?

I have stumbled across Solaris Resource Manager, but it is very user/apps server centric. Not at all centric to Oracle, where there may not be the concept of a "user".

Thanks
D. Logan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 22 1999 - 19:24:43 CDT