Re: ORADIM73

From: Tim Romano <tim_at_ot.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 19:33:26 -0400

Today we were getting the identical problem trying to install Oracle on NT4 SP4 on one server, though we can install from the same CD to another server running NT4 SP4 without any problem. With us, the Application Error surfaces very late in the installation, when the services are started up in order to create the starter database. We have deleted all references to Oracle from the registry, deleted all Oracle files, reinstalled Windows, but to no avail. Compounding the mystery: we had Oracle running on this just a few days ago, until it crashed because of a conflict with a scheduled backup which kicked in when it should not have. I will post the solution if we find it. Could you please do the same?
Thanks,
Tim