Re: how is everyone luv'n the new Oracle Ent Mgr

From: Chris Weiss <weisschr_at_pilot.msu.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 17:17:41 -0400

The Java versions of the enterprise tools are unstable, slow, and prone to problems created by your local JVM. I spent two hours with support when I couldn't get SQL*Worksheet to display a result set only to find out the problem was a "Java" issue.

If Oracle had released a specific JVM that optimized the performance of these tools, then everything would be fine. However, like all things Java: "Write once, debug everywhere."

Java is an excellent idea, but its implementation leaves much to be desired. There is no replacement for good code compiled to the machine level for the platform you are are using.

Chris