Re: snapshot log question - Urgent.. Pls help!

From: Brett Neumeier <sacq_at_usa.net>
Date: 22 Jun 1999 20:26:48 GMT

Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com> wrote:
> > We have exported a database (containing all snapshots) from server A to
> > server B. The snapshots master tables residing on Server M.
> >
> > Question -
> > By dropping all snapshot logs in the Server M and recreating them, and
> > then, performing a complete refresh for all the snapshots now in Server
> > B. Will this update the rowids of snapshots in Server B, and should be
> > able to proceed for further FAST snapshots without other problems?

You don't need to drop the snapshot logs. However, the snapshots on server B will not be registered with the snapshot logs, so they won't be able to do FAST refreshes.

You should drop and rebuild the snapshots on Server B. To do this safely, you should stop all snapshots from refreshing on Server A while the new snapshots are being built; if you don't do this, the new snapshots will refuse to register against the log on the grounds that updates to the table during the snapshot creation may have been lost.

The previous poster was correct in that the rowid's on Server B don't need to be changed; they will already be correct. But you still need to rebuild the snapshots ...

HTH -bn
sacq_at_usa.net Received on Tue Jun 22 1999 - 15:26:48 CDT