SID in Windows NT regedit???

From: Xueyou Hu <xhu_at_cceb.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 12:56:55 -0400

Hello, everyone:

I have created two databases on Windows NT, now I only can startup one database once, can you tell me how to set up service name, SID to make ensure receive request from client, and keep two database running at the same time. In Windows NT, SID acn not be longer tham fours characters, what is the difference between SID and db_name on Windows NT

**

Oracle 7.3

**

db_name_01: oracle

db_name_02: oraexp

thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Stanley X. Hu Received on Tue Jun 22 1999 - 11:56:55 CDT