Re: DB Links

From: Richard C. Lee <rcl4_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:43:52 -0400

Thanks for everyones' help.

I created the DB link using TOAD (Tool for Oracle Application Developers).
Toad seems to create a link named [given name].prod2. I checked the tnsnames file and the entry is not there. I add the entry but it still doesn't work. Then I use the same name for the link as I have in the tnsnames entry and it still doesn't work. TOAD appends something other than ".world" to the name. I don't know why it does this.

I'm going to try using SQL Plus instead of TOAD.