Re: New to SQLLOADER

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 03:44:40 GMT

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999 19:38:09 GMT,
patrick_stdennis_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>In all the documentation for SQLLOADER I haven't seen any place to put
>down the name of the oracle server you want to load to. Is this because
>you have to perform this on the server itself? Or is there something I
>am missing? I'm using Oracle8.0.3 for Winnt 4.

You typically specify this on the command line when you run the SQL*Loader executable. If I wanted to connect to the Net8 service named PROD, I would execute SQL*Loader like this:

        sqlldr80 system/manager_at_PROD control=controlfilename

If you are executing SQL*Loader from the same machine that the database sits on, you should be able to set the oracle_sid environment variable. You have to do this from DOS. For example:

SET oracle_sid=PROD
sqlldr80

Hope this helps,

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 22:44:40 CDT