can not start name server. how to solve it?

From: william <stamfod_at_po.jaring.my>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 11:12:32 +0800

hi, i face this problem. i try to start the names server by typing the ($namesctl startup)... it said, NNL-00018: warning: could not contact default name server. then i try to test my name server(tnsping stamd)it said, failed to resolve name. all i tested in my database server. i'm using the sun sparc solaris 2.5.1 server. how to solve this problem. pls help me. thanks in advanced. Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 22:12:32 CDT