process not disappearing

From: M. Rothwell <marothwell_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 18:37:18 GMT

DB - 8.0.5
AIX I have issued a DBMS_JOB.REMOVE( # ). It stopped the Job, but now I have a db process out there running that wont disappear. When I look at the sql it is the following:

BEGIN sys.dbms_ijob.remove(:job); END;

I have tried to kill the process, but have no luck. I thought that when the DB went down for a cold backup, it would come back up without this process. When I re-started the db there was the process again.

How do I get rid of this thing? Over the last few weeks, I have had to issue 3 DBMS_JOB.REMOVE statements, and now I have 3 different processes out there that wont stop.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Michael

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 13:37:18 CDT