PL/SQL Question ...

From: <narenn_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 18:00:13 GMT

I am stuck with this for a while. How do you declare something like this with the owner being a variable ?

var-name owner.table.column%type;

I wrote a procedure with above datatype. I don;t want to hardcode the table owner name in the script. How do i make the owner a variable ?

In other words my problem is this. The procedure i need to compile access table's which are not owned by the user id i use to compile the procedure but has read permission to it. The only way i can access the table is like this, owner.table_name. eg : FC_RTE_A1.T_FIKA_KNOWNAFIID where FC_RTE_A1 is the owner and T_FIKA_KNOWNASFIID is the table name. I don;t want to hard code FC_RTE_A1 ie owner of the table because the ownership will change between various enviroments i need to compile this script in!

Any ideas ? I looked through PL/SQL manual from Oracle. I could not find any way to do this ?

Please e-mail me at narendra.nathmal_at_fmr.com if you have any suggestions.

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 13:00:13 CDT