Re: Limitations on free download versions

From: XU <xux_at_informa.bio.caltech.edu>
Date: 21 Jun 1999 18:58:31 GMT

The limit is only on license issues (like 60-day trial, not eligible for support, etc). No limit at all, with regard to technical features. Why would they pose ANY limit (on features)? They would love that you try it, use it, and come to get used to it (and appreciate it, if you will). Then, the world will have one more Oracle devotee (who will bring $$$$$ of business to Oracle :-).

Robert Xu, Oracle DBA
Caltech, Pasadena, CA

Erik Myllymaki (erikm_at_islandnet.com) wrote:
: I have hunted high and low, and cannot find any info on the limitations on
: the free, downloadable 8i for NT and 8.0.5.1 for Linux distributions on
: the oracle.com site. Could anyone fill me in?

: Thanks.