Re: TNS could not resolve service name? how to solve?

From: Nandakumar <nanban_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 14:43:27 GMT

You could check up the following.

  1. Ensure the PATH variable has been set to include ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_HOME/bin in it. ( using 'path' on a command prompt )
  2. Ensure that tnsnames.ora has the entry ( made up of i)protocol ii) host ip address the Database resides on & port number, iii)DataBase instance Name) for oracle client to establish a connection with server.
  3. Ensure that the listener is on.

( Note: If there are multiple installations of Oracle on your PC,

        make sure the ORACLE_HOME is set to the right installation dir,
        and that dir comes before other ORA installation dirs in PATH)

Good Luck!
- Nanda

In article <7kl2fr$5ee$1_at_news5.jaring.my>,   "william" <stamfod_at_po.jaring.my> wrote:
> may i know how to solve this error : TNS could not resolve service
name? i
> try to connect my oracle's client pc link to oracle database server.
it came

--
Nandakumar
Systems Analyst

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 09:43:27 CDT