Re: Execution plan in stored procedures

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:12:20 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Mohamad SALEH <msaleh_at_orsys.fr> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:15:18 +0200, you wrote:

><!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
>Hi every body,
>procedure containing it? If yes, then what happens when the referenced
>tables are analyzed?

No, the plans are not stored with the stored procedure. the queries are optimized like every other query is and stored the shared sql area for reuse (so a query can get optimized once and reused over and over again -- if you analyze the table, we'll flush the associated plans from the shared pool and reoptimize the next time the query is executed).

--
See http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'... Current article is "Fine Grained Access Control", added June 8'th

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 10:12:20 CDT