Re: Strange Oracle Internal Error

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:02:47 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Syed Faisal Shah <faisal_at_cyber.net.pk> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:18:30 +0500, you wrote:

>Hi
>
>ORA-600 Error is not good news.
>
>The oracle database is corrupt and need to be reinstalled. You will see
>that the export/import utilities will also not function.

no it does not. ora-600 means some internal error has happened. It is rarely linked to corruption. ora-600 means you should call support. the database is not corrupt.

--
See http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'... Current article is "Fine Grained Access Control", added June 8'th

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 07:02:47 CDT