Re: TNS could not resolve service name? how to solve?

From: <chetanw_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:57:17 GMT

Check the tnsnames.ora file settings, especially the db server IP address, the SID and the Listener port.

Simplest way is to consult the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files of an existing connection and set accordingly.

Hope this helps,
Chetan
chetanw_at_yahoo.com

In article <7kl2fr$5ee$1_at_news5.jaring.my>,   "william" <stamfod_at_po.jaring.my> wrote:
> may i know how to solve this error : TNS could not resolve service
name? i
> try to connect my oracle's client pc link to oracle database server.
it came
> out this problem. how to solve it? i started my lsnrctl already and
database
> server but i still can not solve it. pls help me. thank you.
> pls email to me : william43_at_hotmail.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 05:57:17 CDT