Commits and Sequences for same user logged in

From: Bill Mann <bill.mann_at_worldtalk.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 00:11:04 -0700

Since I’m building an application for the web, I will be logging-into the database with the same Oracle username. I have not got very far with this, but I assume I will keep a list of available database handles, and when web traffic is busy I will select from this list to database handle to web requests (I'm using DBI and DBD)

Since the same user is logged into Oracle, what are the issues wrt to 1. Database commits, if commit occurs for a particular web transaction, since the same user is logged in, will the commit occur for everyone 2. Can I rely on the value of currval (for sequences)

Thanks,
Bill. Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 02:11:04 CDT