Question on Rollback Segment

From: Wanni <wanni_at_mbox2.singnet.com.sg>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:06:30 +0800

Hi Readers,

I have a puzzling question on how the rollback segment allocates its' next extent.

We are doing a snapshot refresh, in server A from a master table in server B. The size of the master table is 600M. And we have allocated 2G of diskspace for the rollback segment in server A.

Nevertheless, we have server A giving the error "Unable to allocated next extent ...... "

Then we tried to increased the rollback tablespace in server A to 3GB. Ok fine, the first 600M table got through. But when we are running refresh for another large table, looks like the transaction does not use the extent released by the first transaction (or has it been released at all). instead... it continue to allocate the next extent... and on and on.

Quesiton is - how does rollback segment allocates and deallocated extents? Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 04:06:30 CDT