filenumber for tablespaces?

From: karsten reincke <kreincke_at_cl-ki.uni-osnabrueck.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 09:49:16 +0200

hello;

we have to manage a table for 4000000 rows each containing more than 3K. therefore we must have a tablespace of more than 12 GB.

(1) how many datafiles should we connect to the tablespace?
(2) is it better to build up the tablespace by many smaller datafiles or
by one or two very large datafiles?

many thanks for your comments and/or your hints --

       salut d'Allemagne kr

les chats cont les vrais hédonistes
et devraient être donc notre idéal.

 karsten reincke [ 0541/9696223 ]
 kreincke_at_cl-ki.uni-osnabrueck.de Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 02:49:16 CDT