Enterprise Software Sales Executives & Account Mgrs

From: <hunterst_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 01:17:41 GMT

Account Executive: $160-200K
Seattle, WA

AE's in our client's organization are responsible for prospecting, selling and managing customer accounts in their geographic region. Our customer base consists of publishers/sites, networks and advertising agencies.

The AE must identify and prioritize opportunities, develop sales strategies, marshal internal resources and execute the plan. The sales process is consultative and requires an ability to communicate at very high levels within the customer's organization.

For the larger accounts, it often requires a team effort that consists of high level engineers and product managers. An understanding of the media and advertising industries is helpful although not required. Also beneficial is experience in technical sales. Preferred background: selling enterprise software (eg Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft) The successful candidates are poised, articulate and confident. They are goal oriented, assertive, display a sense of urgency and a can do mentality in an environment that is prone to change. They are able to manage a process, and excel at building and maintaining relationships at high levels. Although motivated by individual achievement, they are able to coordinate a team to achieve their objectives.

Account Manager: $60-150K
Seattle, WA

AM's in our client's organization provide day to day support to our largest customers. They are on- site at the customer's offices on a weekly basis, working with operation people and interfacing frequently with mid level decision makers. They have a service orientation and are instrumental in education and training in both the existing product as well as enhancements and new releases.

By tapping into technical resources within the company, they expedite resolutions on questions, concerns and bugs. Technical aptitude and interest required and customer interface and experience preferred.

They working closely with AE's and report into the regional manager. Although they do not carry quota's, the successful AM's are goal oriented and are motivated by getting things done in an efficient manner. They will be less experienced than AE's.

Depending on their professional goals and skills, work ethic and success, some will seek career progress to an AE position although as the company grows, AM's will have career paths within this discipline

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sun Jun 20 1999 - 20:17:41 CDT