Re: PASSWORD

From: P Jeromel <pjeromel_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 09:48:06 +0930

Does anyone know how to check if a password for a user is correct during the execution of a stored proc?

(For use within a Change_Password sort of routine).

The only way I can figure is to:
1) Create a database link to the current database connecting by the user and the password supplied by the user (as their current password) 2) Checking if you can do a select or something via the db link.

The problem I have with this, is that, I need to hard code the SID (or is it TNSNAME
entry) into the DB_Link creation command.

Does ne1 know of a better way?

Thanks.
Paul