Re: populating a database..

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 04:19:00 GMT

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999 00:18:34 -0300, Francis <francis_at_mail.lci.ufrj.br> wrote:

>I have to populate an empty database with 1000 tuples
>which have to be generated automatically .
>example:
>Table A (number, name , date )
>
>is empty and i have to randomly generate data for this writing
>some script(I dont know how) .

You could do something using PL/SQL. I suspect that getting the randomness would be the most difficult problem you would face. There is a third-party product that I can recommend that will do this type of thing for you. The product name is TestBytes, and it's from a company named LogicWorks. It's a bit pricy--I believe around $800--but it would crank out your 1000 rows in just a minute or two. It's all point-and-click, and relatively easy to use.

Jonathan Received on Sat Jun 19 1999 - 23:19:00 CDT