Re: Connect Oracle Database with VC++

From: Troy Clark <troydata_at_phnx.uswest.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 17:53:12 -0700

There is one other popular method -- Pro*C.

Pro*C is a pre-compiler that allows for easy syntax of sql in your code while the precompiler translates it into lower level OCI stuff. We've been doing console apps on NT for years using this approach.

Troy.

ps. The Pro*C precompiler, Oracle Call Interface (OCI) and OLE Objects

        are all on the Oracle Enterprise 8.1.5 CD, so ask you DBA if you can
        borrow it.  The online manuals for precompilers give some simple
        examples, but oracles support site, metalink has many others.