Re: Housing 2 Oracle DBs on 1 server

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 21:01:15 +0200

Basic steps, not using orainst (and personally I have always done it manually)
setup init<sid>.ora and config<sid>.ora, making sure they end up in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs
make sure the db_name parameter is correct! edit /etc/oratab, or /var/opt/oracle/oratab (solaris) to add the new sid, it's oracle_home and a switch for autostart run . oraenv, specifying the correct sid svrmgrl
connect internal
startup nomount
create database
datafile etc.
After sucessful completion the database is mounted and open run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catalog.sql catproc.sql from same directory
catexp.sql from same directory
create a second rollback segment in the system tablespace Now you should be able to import an old database or start working

Hth,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA