Oracle 8i and Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS)

From: <premal_shah_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:07:01 GMT

Hi!

I have Oracle 8.1.5 on an NT server and am connecting it through an 8i client on another NT machine. Client machine runs MTS 2.0.

I have set up the Oracle service for MTS as mentioned in the doc.

I registered a COM component under MTS and set the component property to "REQUIRES A TRANSACTION". In my component when I attempt to open a connection it fails. The documentation mentions I have to make a couple of OCI calls - OCIInitialize followed by OraMtsGetEnv() but in the second call I am getting an error # 1002 which is unable to creare resource dispenser.

Does MTS com components work with 8i if they require a transaction? I am going wrong somewhere and need some help.

Thanks for your attention and time. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks.

regards,
premal

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jun 18 1999 - 23:07:01 CDT