Re: Autoextend for rollback

From: John Higgins <JH33378_at_deere.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 22:18:42 -0500

Yes, it is beautiful to see two points of view -- logically presented without a lot of emotion!

How would you guys modify your views if you were using raw devices? Is it even possible to allocate just part of a raw device and then use autoextend?

What if you were using RMAN for backups? RMAN does not backup unused space. What IS unused space for this purpose in the rollback and temp tablespaces?

What if the RMAN backups used Veritas NetBackup over TCP/IP (100MBS ethernet) to shared tape drives?