Re: Meaning of redo wastage

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:58:42 -0700

Doug

Redo wastage can be safely ignored. Basically, it's the number of bytes "wasted" because redo blocks needed to be written before they are completely full. Early writing may be needed to commit transactions, to be able to write a database buffer, or to switch logs. You can't do much about it, so ignore it.

HTH. Pete

--

Regards

Pete