Re: How many rollback segments

From: John Higgins <JH33378_at_deere.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 08:32:24 -0500

Each rollback segment can handle multiple transactions simultaineously.

The number depends on your block size and your OS.

Still, you can exceed the transaction capacity of all your rollback segments. When that happens, new transactions wait.

You can monitor this with the v$rollstat view. The gets / waits should exceed 500; otherwise, add more segments.