Q: A package granting privs on itself

From: J. Wegener NOSPAM <xjw_at_xdde.xdk>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:43:56 +0200

Hi,

I am working on a system that has implemented a lot of functionality in database packages. One of these packages contains logic that grants execute privileges on various packages in the system. In some cases however, this package tries to grant execute privileges on itself. Unfortunately, the original designers of the system did not know that such a behaviour is not possible.

I am trying to fix the problem and I am looking for an "easy" way.... But a really good idea escapes me for the moment. Maybe you have one?

I will appreciate your response, thanks in advance.

Cheers
Johan
--
Johan Wegener