Re: Is Parallel Query installed?

From: Fred Stojentin <stojentin_at_orgdv.din.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:05:50 GMT

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 23:49:14 -0400, Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_bigfoot.com> wrote:

>I do not see Parallel Query in the v$option listing. However, I can
>alter a table
>to parallel n, so I am pretty sure it's there, pending some wierdness.
>Is it? Why
>doens't it show? How can I be certain?
>Maybe it's not even considered an accessory option, i don't know....It's
>been around
>a while I guess...
>
>- Dc.

Hello,
if the option is not listed in v$option, than it is definitly not installed - you can be sure about this.

The alter table command don't depend on an installed parallel option! The effect is, that a rdbms without parallel query installed will ignore the hint.

Fred Stojentin Received on Fri Jun 18 1999 - 04:05:50 CDT