oracle and solaris 2.6

From: Oliver Niesen <oliver_at_allpayments.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:47:29 -0700

i just got oracle installed on solaris 2.6. my problem is that i have a dump file that is in excess of 4gb that i need to get imported in a timely manner. i am using a block size of 8192 ( i dont know yet what effect that will have once it becomes a production machine, since its mainly small transactions that we run) and forcing direct i/o on those partitions holding the oracle tablespaces. i have shaved considerably time with those two items alone. but i am wondering if anybody has other tricks like messing with the fsflush daemon and what the consequences are of running direct i/o and large block_size in a production environment with mostly oltp and some batching? any input or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance! Received on Thu Jun 17 1999 - 18:47:29 CDT