using SVRMGR for Ora8 on NT - help!

From: Fuzzy <granta_at_nospam.student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 23:12:18 GMT

Hi all,

I can't seem to get SVRMGR to behave on an Ora8 NT box. I'm trying to alter our backup régime from cold to hot - but it's a bit hard without SVRMGR. I'm trying to go through the usual mount, alter to archivelogs, open stuff, and also build some scripts to automate restores when necessary.

Every time I try to use SVRMGR, I get the 12203 TNS:Unable to connect to destination. Now of course the instance isn't running - only the listener is. But that's the whole idea isn't it - I want SVRMGR to start the instance without opening the database so I can make these changes.

Am I missing something? Should I but using ORADIM80 instead? If so, what are the startup options?

Yours in confussion
Fuzzy