Re: Oracle error 1658

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:16:05 -0400

Hi,

    You don't have enough contiguous free space in the tablespace you want to use to contain an additional extent. You may have run out of space, in which case just add an additional datafile to the tablespace and try again, or the tablespaced may be fragmented. (It may have enough free space, but it may be scattered around the tablespace with no one chunk of free space big enough to hold your additional data.) If this is so you have three things you can try: first try to coalesce the tablespace which may or may not help. If you don't want to spend time doing something which may or may not work you have two choices. If you have enough total free space in the tablespace you can consolidate the contents of the tablespace by exporting and importing all of the tables it contains. You can also add a datafile.

regards

Jerry Gitomer