URGENT: OWS Downloading Binary Files

From: <anwaraftab_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:10:24 GMT

Hi All,

I would appreciate if some one could tell me how can I open binary files ( .exe, .doc, etc ) from PL/SQL in Oracle 8. I'm using OWS 3.0 with PL/SQL cartridge, and I want to provide secure download functionality to the users. I know how to do this for text files, UTL_FILE package, but it screws the files which are binary. Basically, I want to open the binary file from PL/SQL and send a content type and then htp.p() of that file so that it comes to the user's browser through PL/SQL-OWS.

I would appreciate your help!

Thanks

Anwar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 17 1999 - 10:10:24 CDT