Re: Oracle error 1658

From: <rohit_at_emns.lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:00:42 GMT

Hi John,
What's the size of Data that u r importing? Did u export data using compress=Y. If yes then what happens when data is being imported it tries to fit it in a single extent and if your existing tablespace's continuous free space is smaller than the initial extent it requires to fit in data then u will receive this error.
Solution : Add a new data file to a tablespace. There are other solutions too. Let me know if u are interested to know them.
My add is rohit_at_emns.lucent.com and
Ph : 1-630-2247949
Regards,
Rohit Chattar

In article <7kak7v$fsl_at_netnews.hinet.net>,   "Johnson Huang" <johnson_at_infocomm.com.tw> wrote:
> Dear all,
> When I import data, and then I encountered the oracle error
1658,
> and I know it means that cannot create INITIAL space, and it want me
use
> smaller INITIAL space, I just want to know what the cause?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 17 1999 - 10:00:42 CDT