Re: Can't connect to Oracle8, please help!!!

From: <rohit_at_emns.lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:09:46 GMT

Hi,
Check out whether TCP/IP protocol adaptor software has been installed or not.What protocol are u using? If using TCP/IP then u need to install TCP/IP protocol adaptor. Run the orainst and select perform administrative task and look for the the products that are installed. Find out whether TCP/IP is installed or not. Then check out for listener.ora and tnsnames.ora which should be under $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin or $ORACLE_HOME/net8/admin.Then start the listener saying lsnrctl start. Let me know if u get any errors. If u have no idea about the these files then send me the files and i will do the configuration and will send u back. U can reach me at 1-630-2247949
Regards,
Rohit Chattar

In article <7kasv4$pi8_at_netnews.hinet.net>,   "Vincent Chang" <vinc_at_tpts1.seed.net.tw> wrote:
> Your listener doesn't start properly, no listener there. Use the
utility
> "$ORACLE_HOME/bin/netasst" to help you to create a listener and test
your
> service.
> matthews <matthews_at_hk.super.net> wrote in message
> > I am the first time to install Oracle8.0.5 on Linux. I try many
times to
> > connect Oracle server with NET*8 after installed it. But I never
> > succuessfully connect it. There may be some errors at the
TNSNAMES.ORA
> > or LISTENER.ORA. But I know only little about these two files.
> >
> > when I try to connect oracle server, the error shown below would
occur.
> > "ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed"
> >
> > When I strat the listener, the errors shown below would occur.
> > "TNS-12224: TNS:no listener"
> > "TNS-12541: TNS:no listener"
> > "TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error"
> > "TNS-00511: no listener"
> > "Linux Error: 111: Connection refused"
> >
> > Help me plesase!
> > Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 17 1999 - 10:09:46 CDT